Alabama School Librarians,
We need your help to successfully lobby to get Library Enhancement Funding restored to FY2008 levels of $200 a teacher unit! ALSDE has included this $200 in the proposed budget, and we need to make sure our legislators know how important this money could be to school libraries!
Please advocate for our libraries by doing the following:
- Share ASLA emails and legislative information with other librarians in your contact list.
- Participate in ASLA's calendar for contacting legislators.
- Contact legislators and finance committee members with library successes. Legislator Contact Info
- Tweet with hashtags #Overdue and #ALSchoolLibrariesWork
- Tag your legislators and @gobillpoole on Twitter.
- Ask teachers, parents, and administrators to contact legislators sharing how the library impacts student learning.
- Involve students in your efforts (while maintaining their privacy). Send student letters, pictures, postcards to legislators to let them know how what a difference your library makes to your students.
TOGETHER we can make a difference!